Osteopaths treat more than just “bad backs”. It works with the structure and function of the body to ensure optimum movement.
Osteopathy is a system of diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of medical conditions. It works with the structure and function of the body, and is based on the principle that the well-being of an individual depends on the skeleton, muscles, ligaments and connective tissues functioning smoothly together.
Osteopaths use touch, physical manipulation, stretching and massage to increase the mobility of joints, to relieve muscle tension, to enhance the blood and nerve supply to tissues, and to help your body’s own healing mechanisms. They may also provide advice on posture and exercise to aid recovery, promote health and prevent symptoms recurring.
Speak to us today to book your appointment at Tees Valley Osteopaths, which covers Yarm, Eaglescliffe, Stockton on Tees, Ingleby Barwick and Middlesbrough, where our Osteopaths will advise on a personalised course of treatment.
Benefits of Osteopathy
- Usually get an appointment within 24-48 hrs.
- Pain relief, increased mobility and flexibility.
- Treat many conditions besides back pain, neck ache and shoulder problems.
- Maintain an active lifestyle by keeping any potential problems at bay.
- Treat people of any age from the elderly to the newborn and from pregnant women to sports people.
We know that you care a great deal about your health and well-being. Aches and pains of the muscles, joints, back and neck can have a very negative effect on how you feel – not just physically, but mentally to… and it’s NOT just a sign of age!
It is easy to overdo things, whether by gardening, playing sport or generally just being very, very busy. We would like to be your first port of call when you have any aches and pains which need sorting out.
Conditions we treat
Whilst most people think of Osteopaths as ‘back specialists, we treat many other conditions including:
- generalised aches and pains
- joint pains including hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis as an adjunct to core OA treatments and exercise
- arthritic pain
- general, acute & chronic backache, back pain (not arising from injury or accident)
- uncomplicated mechanical neck pain (as opposed to neck pain following injury i.e. whiplash)
- headache arising from the neck (cervicogenic) / migraine prevention
- frozen shoulder/ shoulder and elbow pain/ tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck, but not isolated occurrences
- circulatory problems
- digestion problems
- joint pains, lumbago
- muscle spasms
- inability to relax
- rheumatic pain
- minor sports injuries and tensions
Osteopathic treatment not only targets pain symptoms but also treats the parts of the body that have caused the symptoms. Osteopaths have a holistic approach and believe that your whole body will work well if your body is in good structural balance.
Why choose us?
We put our success down to our friendly, approachable service and professional levels of patient care. By choosing to visit us, you can benefit from our commitment to high quality care, the right team of experts and good old fashioned customer values. More importantly, we know our limitations. If we feel that treatment is not appropriate, we will refer you to your GP for further investigation.